Jun 28, 2009

Physically and mentally perfect.

My friend Paul posted his entire thesis film, Seventy-Four In E-Flat, on Vimeo this week. The original lead actor dropped out of the film at the last minute, so Paul asked me to come in about three weeks before shooting.


Memories of the film:
-Horribly exhausting. Shot in 6 days during finals week 8pm-8am.
-Horribly cold. Shot in a warehouse in November with no insulation and I wore only a thin nylon shirt.
-Really horribly cold. Strapped to sheet metal with sheet metal at 4am was no fun. I wasn't able to bend my knees for 3 hours. And we had to shoot it twice.
-I lost nearly 10lbs prior to shooting. I've currently lost this willpower.
-I didn't have contacts yet, so I was blind as a bat.
-It was fun.

2 comments:

  1. is THAT how you were cast? i didn't even remember that until you said it here. honestly, i can't even imagine a time where you weren't the main character! anybody else in that role is just a horrible idea!

    definitely agreed on the "horrors" of making the film, and the "fun" part. it was one of the best weeks of my life! (and I lost 25lbs during filming)

    and a BIG sorry about having to shoot the electrocution scene twice. that was VERY much MY bad. ;)

    p.s. this is about to get much wider circulation on a dvd collection of sorts that you'll be hearing about soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, just saw this comment many months later.

    I think I lost about 20lbs shooting my film; I also got sick and ended having the worst fever of my life. I talked my girlfriend out of taking me to the hospital.

    Did Nabil Abou-Harb tell you I blew his mind because we had a class all semester and he didn't recognize me behind my glasses, beard and hair?

    ReplyDelete