Jul 30, 2009

milky blue

Sunlight Heaven from Giugesco on Vimeo.



I came across this video on Vimeo, and as Giugesco describes it, he "tried to catch the mood of the morning sun on the way back home to Sajkod from Balatonsound festival."

As I said in an earlier post, I've always had my eyes on the beautiful DSLR's that shoot HD video, and even more so after last weekend for portability's sake. But one thing that a good DSLR will be missing out is the grainy feel of an old camera, created in this case by the ground glass in a 35mm adapter (the camera was a Canon HV30 with an adapter and Nikon 50mm f1.4 lens).

I still find it absolutely fascinating that there's such a hunger for lens flares and low contrast and milky-desaturated imagery in an age when image fidelity can be so flawlessly perfect.



- -
(Blair at Wanderlust 2009, one of the few pictures of lensflare taken that weekend that I was pleased with).

No comments:

Post a Comment