Nov 23, 2009

ism.

so i've been vegan for more than 2 weeks now.

i'm bored out of my mind.

the problem is my palette is pretty limited as it is. take away 80% of pretty limited and you've got barely anything. peanut butter and jelly. quinoa. apples. repeat.

the idea behind this was two-fold: 1) lose weight, 2) test my endurance. my endurance has maintained, but is waning as i anticipate thanksgiving and a weekend in santa barbara more and more ("steak dinner at mike and louise's?" "extra turkey after-thanksgiving dinner?"). and i haven't lost weight or noticed any physical difference. and that was especially why it had to be a month: one week is a test in resisting temptation, a month was actually letting my body adjust. and i found no adjustment.

i'm thinking of calling it quits once i hit santa barbara (which will be three full weeks), simply out of saving myself from hating pesto wheat pasta and spinach. i need something new.

at least now i can make fun of vegans without remorse. and that makes it all wortwhile.