Nov 6, 2009

vegan.


(from not martha)

My roommate's gone for a month and my brother and sister-in-law will be coming to California sometime before the end of the year, so I need to lose weight. And I've chosen to do it by going vegan for the month of November (minus Thanksgiving dinner).

In high school, I used to make fun of my friend Devon because he went vegan, which even vegetarianism was pretty unheard-of in Santa Barbara. Lately I've made fun of my co-worker Harmonie for being raw-vegan, and I'm as red-blooded of a carnivore as it gets (my iron and red blood cell count are the same as someone on steroids). I had never had a salad until three years ago and don't like most veggie dishes, so this'll be a challenge. I won't be minute in going through the ingredients, but if I think I crossed the line, I'll post it here.

I expect to be eating a lot of quinoa and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment