May 19, 2010

Indie Game: The Movie - Growing Up Edmund



Indie Game: The Movie is a feature documentary about video games, their creators and the craft.

This teaser segment features Edmund McMillen of 'Team Meat' discussing his childhood, his games and the connections between.

Help us make the movie: kickstarter.com/projects/blinkworks/indie-game-the-movie


- - -

I'm sure this clip will connect to so many people who have vast collections of drawings from childhood that were deemed disturbing to most, but saved by the family members who saw them as beautiful.

I also really love how you rarely remember any of the drawings you made as a child. Kids are bursting with creativity and expression, and they don't realize it's a faucet that slows down. It reminds me when my mother showed me a drawing I made when I was 3 or 4 of the family riding in a car, and I drew it with perspective from the front windshield looking in.

Ironically, I hate drawing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment