Mar 31, 2012

Salvation Mountain, Summer 2011



10 months ago I went to Salvation Mountain near the Salton Sea with a group of friends for the weekend. I was still kinda new with my Canon T3i and Glidecam dolly, so this was really just a chance to play around with the camera. I quickly edited the footage, but wasn't really satisfied with how it came out (overexposed and undersaturated), and the final shot was way too jerky to use, but this was before I got my hands on After Effects 5.5 with the Warp Stabilizer.

I got busy with other videos, so I never came back to finish this video off. The Fox Is Black recently posted a video about the Salton Sea, which reminded me of this video and that it was sitting idle in my computer for the better part of a year, so I finished it off and posted it. By this point, the dolly moves are really tiresome, but again, it was an opportunity to play with the equipment (I just wish the video would come out as saturated and clean as the photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment